Monday, February 4, 2013

Katie Elouise Arrives!

After some trouble with low amniotic fluid, Dr. Smith decided Katie’s lungs were developed enough, we should wait no longer and she scheduled us for a c section for 10:00 a.m. on 2/2/2012 Jake, Sam, and I headed to bed and the arrival of Aunt Lynnsey who is going to be the photographer for the big arrival. Aunt Lynnsey arrived about 3:00 a.m. and used her key to get in, but she couldn’t sneak past Sam, he heard her come in the door and went to barking and gave us a start! Jake went to let Sam know it was just Aunt Lynnsey and I sat up to follow them. When I sat up on the edge of the bed my water broke…to be sure I went ahead to the bathroom and once there I was very sure that is what happened, so I informed Jake and Aunt Lynnsey that it was time to GO! On the way to the hospital I called Dr. Smith, Man and Granny, Dad, Laura, Blane, Darby, and Keely, and my Mom. Everyone that could, headed to the hospital to await your debut. Even though Katie was scheduled to come a bit later that morning, we bumped the other woman ahead of us out of the way and Katie Elouise came bursting in the world around 5:45! Then everyone who could all came by the hospital to hold you and see your happy face! We were surrounded by so many family members and friends! You barely noticed being passed around, you went from one arm to the next and back to me for a little something to eat and then get passed around again. Let’s hope you are this easy going from now on!

     

                         Waiting!!!!!!!!!










                          She has a healthy set of lungs and used them straight away!














  


    Yay! She's finally here and is healthy! 







I think it just hit Jake..he's a Daddy!


















 Pepaw finally gets to hold his first Granddaughter!

                                                                      Ninny got a turn

                                         Granddaddy is next

                                          Granny thinks she will keep her!

                                              Aunt Darby will teach her how to read music

                                             Aunt Keely will teach her how to be a softball player

                                                       Uncle Blane will teach her how to hunt

                                         Cousin Allie will teach her how to be a graceful ballerina

                               Aunt Lynnsey will teach her the art of being awesome at everything!

A quiet moment



                                                      A silly moment








                                                                       Aunt Jacki






A bit excited are we Catherine??








                                        Hixson


                                          The Cheeks

                        Her first kiss and only days old! Watch out Haden, Mr. Jake is watching you!

                                          Cutler

                                                                    Uncle Bud

                                                    Guess who is providing comic relief??
                                                                       Uncle Bud!

                                                              Such a proud Mama!













Like Father Like Daughter!
They are both sleeping with their mouths open!

                                                    Alabama booties from Bah to go home!

                                        A sweater and hat made by her Granny to keep her warm

                                                    We finally get to take our girl home
                               Sam was very interested in the new package we brought home with us.












                                                        Getting settled in at home:)









No comments:

Post a Comment