June 11, 2014!!!!
Violet did everything she was supposed to and came when she was ready, 5 days after the predicted date. I started the day (the 10th) thinking that we were going to have to have a c section because I felt like Violet had turned upside down like her sister. I really felt like I was feeling her head under my ribcage. So we went in for a check up and Miss Violet was very much head down and ready to go. I was somewhat encouraged by that, but not sure about not being anymore dilated. Off we go to Kroger for some shopping to prepare for the weeks to come and being at home. I was having some cramping feelings while shopping and had to go to pee alot, but I was told to expect that because I was checked at the Dr. and that can cause some discomfort. So I finished the shopping and made it home. We fixed diner and while eating dinner I thought my water broke, but again I thought very little because I was told some discharge was normal after being checked. I went ahead and called the Dr. and while on the phone with him it was very apparent that it was indeed my water breaking:) Dr. Sepesi told us to take our time and get Katie situated and head to the hospital to be checked. We took our time, I made Jake clean the kitchen because I couldn't handle it being dirty just in case it was really go time. Granny and Pat made their way over so Pat could stay with Katie. I had started having contractions, but I thought they were warm up contractions, they started coming closer and closer together and as we were leaving to go they were about 4 minutes apart. Jake was a great labor partner, he knew how to be supportive without making me punch him! HA! He may have been screaming inside, but as always Jake was calm and collected and we headed out. Once at the hospital I expected things to pick up a bit and they did, but the pain level not so much. I had a few where I had to stop and grab a wall or hold onto Jake, but nothing like they show on t.v. I was most comfortable staging up and walking and leaning over the bed or table when I had a contraction, so that is what we did and listened to Eric Church on the ipod. Granny was there being supportive and helpful. Our nurse Meghan was amazing! She explained everything perfectly! Once the pressure started that was not fun but we got through it. I kinda wanted to punch the anesthesiologist when she told me to be still while she was doing the spinal, like I could sit still during the contraction! Then it was time to push before we knew it! Violet did great and Jake and Granny and I did all we could to get her here safely with the coaching from the nurses:) We contacted Dr. Sepesi, but he thought he had more time apparently, the nurses had me stop pushing and took m legs out of the stir-ups and was holding Violet in so the Dr. could gown up! The whole process was awesome and pretty much went exactly like we wanted it to. Recovery was so much easier with the VBAC and completely different than before. I was very happy to be able to enjoy Violet and Jake and the other visitors that came to see us. Everyone arrived safely and I was able to see and hold her immediately and do some skin to skin contact and start breastfeeding almost immediately. We noticed that at first she looked exactly like Katie, then within a few hours she started changing and we could tell already he was her own person. We had many family and friends come and see our new family and we were happy to see each one. We did a terrible job of taking pictures.
We are finally a family of four like we talked about while we were still dating! Only 14 years in the making! It is the most perfect feeling!
Granny is waiting impatiently for Baby Girl to arrive
Note: She bought the knitting bag, but I don't recall any knitting:)
We didn't give her any time:)
6 cm dilated and getting checked
My preferred position.
I am glad I was able to be up and mobile until the very last possible second.
Violet Mae Harmon arrived on June 11, 2014 at 4:56 a.m.
weighing in at 7lbs. and 15oz. and 20 1/4 in long
Our Nurse Maeghen was AMAZING!
Proud family!
Looks like we have a thumb sucker!
Miss Violet was not afraid of letting them know she was not happy with the poking and prodding!
The girls meet for the first time! Katie is going to be a good big sister, she was so gentle!
The first family visitors the next day...
How did we not think for someone to take out picture while Katie was here?!
Oh well, it will happen soon enough.
The Sweetest Thing!
Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about these GINORMOUS flowers on the wee little baby's head. SO our dear friend Stephanie found (on purpose) the biggest flower she could find for the headband she brought for Violet. There are no words for the largeness of the flower!!! WOW! If you will notice Violet looks a bit pained to be wearing such an apparatus in the first place!
June 13, 2014 Going Home!
Again! How did we not get a picture of all of us leaving the hospital! Goodness!
Finally gracing the front steps! Our family of four adventure can begin!
Snuggles with Katie and Violet and her biliruben light (for jaundice).
She enjoys the Moby wrap much like Katie did. I gotta get better about putting her in it, Katie was bigger when we got the Moby.
Violet was a bit jaundice, so we came home with the Biliruben lights.
It gave her an alien like glow for a few days.
She had to have it going directly into her skin so no clothes just yet, good thing it is June:)
We were happy to be able to have the lights at home, but it is hard to hold and console a crying 2 day old while wrestling this plastic thing attached to a large tube.
Violet has always preferred arms above her head while sleeping. We can not swaddle her arms in she will get all kinds of angry.
Our ever watchful Sam. Laying at her feet keeping Baby Girl safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment